Thursday, October 12, 2006

The racism … the insult ... the named-calling

For my whole life I used to strangers in the middle of the street starred at me or called ...”hey u Chinese”, or “hey you fatso”. Do I really care? Not really ... Those people are just some ignorance useless people that this country doesn’t need. Besides, I do think it is a waste of time to deal with those people. But when you are not in a so good mood, and it happened to you, I just want to snap and kick their butts. But (again) I remember what my father keeps on telling his children, “ we are minority in this country, so we have to be careful with whatever we say and do”… lets take a look my situation (not my family’s), im Chinese, Christian and fat. So what does it say? It means that im a minority in a minority. But do I want to live in a place that I cant really called home?

Remember the famous saying by JFK : “ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country?” Well, I think its fair enough to say this: I gave as much as my country already gave me. And what do I get? Insult, discrimination, racism, insecurity … the list can go on. And its been going on since my great great grandparents … should I put up with this any longer? Should my children? My grandchildren? NO ... DEFINITELY NOT

Today, I really thinking about “Borde jag flytta till ett annat land? Borde jag ändra mitt medborgarskap och flytta?” of course my father will be furious if I do the second, but again …

Im just tired … really really tired …

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think no matter where you live, the potential of being discriminated always exist. i know u r upset right now. but i know that u r tough. so i m sure by tomorrow, u be smilling again, as u always does. ur smile shines other people around u. i guess ur being minority contributes alot to your patience and kindness dealing with those suckers.

-ii- said...

i was at my boiling point when i wrote that, but i do realize that I can always find some kind of discrimination everywhere …. Thanks tho’

Rika, Mamanya Naufal said...

been there before ii...

emang nyebelin ya kalo ada orang yang ngga berotak kayak begitu