Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Food hunt .. what would you do for food?

I had enough of food from the local hawker, although it’s cheap, but doesn’t really suit my taste buds. When you have to eat it every single day, you kind of run out of option really quick.

Two weeks ago I was having a craving for a certain kind of snack from SnackzIt! (Ke Kou Wei). And there is only ONE place that sells it, Plaza Singapura. Basically its just fried chicken fillet with some sweet and hot flavor. I even planned on buying steamed rice from the hawker and eat it with my delicious chicken. It took me about 40 minutes to get to Plaza Singapura … and of course when I got there the stall was CLOSED due to some renovation … darn … I don’t know if they will open it again cos I just checked Plaza Singapura’s website and it was gone from their stores’ list. I think later that day I decided to go to Orchard.

Another story was about my craving for cheap (or maybe not) Sushi. If you go to certain Cold Storage supermarket you can get a discounted sushi after 7 or 8 pm (don’t know when exactly). I really love their salmon maki sushi. So I when to Cold Storage at Yishun (one MRT stop or 3 bus stops from my place). But they don’t sell sushi. It was dark already and I was hungry and I really really really wanted that sushi … so I went to the only place that I know that sells this sushi …Takashimaya here I come (20 minutes by MRT). And of course another bad luck for me … they run out of salmon maki and I ended up with salmon skin maki … sigh ….

No comments: