Monday, October 30, 2006

hi-lites



I thought it’s gonna be very easy to travel to Spore thru Batam. Well, I think I forgot to take into consideration the Eid holiday when (I think) most of Indonesian were spending their holiday in Spore. I had to wait 3.5 hours for the ferry, a 40-minute travel by ferry became 2.5 hours (I don’t know why), and when we got to Harbour Front the ferry could not dock (some problem with the Singaporean official), and last but not least queued for 3 hours at the immigration office, and queued again for the taxi. I was drop dead when I got to our no-window hotel room but managed to open the door for Reanne tho’.

Nevertheless, I really enjoyed this trip a lot, more than the others. 3 women who enjoy food and shopping, and we actually did all that. There was a time when Reanne and I were barely can walk anymore cos we’re so tired. And we started to be very “creative” with the massage wheel chair and the in-line skate.

One of the hi-lites of the trip was I got to know Rhea’s sister, Reanne. Why did you and Rhea say that you are a shy person? I don’t think so. I think I had a lot of fun with you, talking about nothing and even planning for “my next trip” to Cebu?

Another hi-lite was the food. The best chili crab in the world at JUMBO. The sauce itself is so good especially if we eat it with deep-fried man-tao …yummy …. We went all the way to Novena for the roasted chicken rice and Lau Pa Sat for its Black Pepper Crab, stingray and satay. Oh dont forget milk-tea or "teh tarik".

the famous JUMBO chili crab; roasted chicken rice @ Novena



big dinner @ Lao Pa Sat; teh tarik at nite

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

argh...good food & good company..that's all it takes for a fine life ;-)